Friday, October 7, 2011

Busy Busy Busy

This Autumn started off with a bang.
Three weeks before classes began, I moved from my parents' house in Lakewood to an apartment in Seattle with my sister, Priscilla. Then I had to run back and forth between the two to continue working full time in Lakewood. I moved back to Seattle officially the night before my first day of my new job and my first day of work! 
My schedule looks something like this, which is crazy. I still work at Black Star Espresso on the weekends and my new job is at a coffee shop on Aurora that is just getting started. The advertisement is really poor, however, and I have only gotten 5 customers in the past two weeks! The good thing is I get a lot of homework done in the morning, which is pretty much the only time I have to do it.

As hard as it is to take all these science classes and work 32 hours a week, I really love my classes. It makes you appreciate school so much more when you get to do it, and you don't have to do it. I was telling Sam earlier today, the more you learn about God's creation, the more astonishing it is. I mean, learning about how complex everything in the universe is... it's mind blowing. I've never actually had that feeling before when studying science. 

Another cool thing is that I just started the process of applying to a week in Belize over Christmas break to study marine biology. The cool thing is, I went to Belize before on a mission trip and got to swim along the barrier reef and it was amazing. I can only imagine how much crazier it will be to learn about all those little fish and things that I thought were so awesome!

Trying to stay organized when you have a lot of different classes is ridiculous. From two weeks of class, I already have a stack of notes a centimeter thick to sort through (and that's just my own handwritten notes!). I have already rearranged the tabs in my notebook several times, been to multiple study sessions, and I'm still not sure how on top of things I really am. 

If nothing else, I'm happy about what I'm learning. It's pretty dreadful, though, to be a 'senior' in freshman classes and have to explain to everyone what that means for me.

15-17: Community College, Running Start, 115 credits (90 that I got to keep with me at SPU)
17-18, 18+: SPU, last year studying and nearly completing the Psych program (37 credits left), this year switching to Pre-Med.

I think it would be so worth it to hold out and finish the Physiology program here at SPU, but I am pretty stressed out and I'm having a really hard time holding all my classes together with work and everything.

That said, I'm outta here :)

1 comment: