Wednesday, February 16, 2011

too much planning: not enough doing

It's a scary thought, realizing you're in charge of your own future. Especially if, like me, you change your mind constantly. My first "what I wanna be when I grow up" was a singer, and when I was a kid I remember telling people that's what I was going to do. Everyone laughed, but I was certain I'd be rockin' out on stage. (When I was 8, I thought it would be the coolest thing to have a baby when I was 16: there were a lot of things I didn't get.) When I was 11 I decided I wanted to be a psychologist, because that was more feasible. I wanted to counsel people who went through as much shit as I did in middle school. And now, my Junior year in college, I switched from Music B.A. to Psych B.A. with a Music minor, to a B.S. in Psychology, to a B.S. in Physiology and a minor in Psychology. I guess my conclusion is I just don't care about people as much as I used to. Don't care about anything as much as I used to. I just want to make a lot of money and be able to prescribe drugs. To myself maybe? Well, you know. Life at it's finest.

Needless to say, I've never really followed through on anything big. I graduated community college last year. Big whoop. I'd really like to take a break from having plans. Just quit everything, take a step back, and enjoy whatever comes my way. Impossible?

No comments:

Post a Comment